School PE and Sport Funding at Chilton Foliat Church of England VA Primary School 2022 2023
Activity, Sustainability, Community
Chilton Foliat Church of England VA Primary School has a positive, inclusive and proactive approach to all things “Sport”
The availability of School Sport Premium, is a fund provided by the government since 2013, designed to make sustained and enhanced provision for PE and Sport in schools. “In the academic year 2022 2023 we received £9794”. The attached documents, “Evidencing the Impact of the Primary PE and Sport Premium”, and shows you how we have allocated funds to improve our PE and sports provision across the school. It also shows the impact which has been achieved on pupils PE and sport participation.”
For 2023/2024, we are intent on maintaining the variety of sporting and PE provision already in place and investigate new opportunities to continue to make sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and Sport we offer. We are particularly concerned to address, through the medium of sport and physical activity, issues of mental health and well-being We know that being active outdoors contributes to a holistic approach to well-being, addressing physical, mental, emotional, and social aspects of health. It’s a natural and enjoyable way to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle. As a result, we are investing some of our School Sport Premium towards the development of our “Nature and Nurture” project to enable our children to get outside and be active in all weathers.
As a result of our spending we can see our pupils benefit in a number of ways. School Sport Premium provides the opportunity to:
- Develop positive attitudes, attributes and skills which help with learning across the curriculum
- Encourage positive behaviour, which promotes, inclusion and cohesion within and outside of the school community
- Sustain improvement of health, including mental health, well-being and achievement of personnel goals
- Increase participation in club and community sport activities
- Support an enjoyment of and ambition for competitive sports
- Provide Continuing Professional Development for members of staff supported by a rigorous and sustainable coaching for skills programme.