School PE and Sport Funding at Chilton Foliat Church of England VA Primary School 2019 to 2020
Activity, Sustainability, Community
Chilton Foliat Church of England VA Primary School has a positive, inclusive and proactive approach to all things “Sport”
The availability of School Sport Premium, is a fund provided by the government since 2013, designed to make sustained and enhanced provision for PE and Sport in schools. In the financial year 2019/2020 we received £16,815. The attached document, “Evidencing the Impact of the Primary PE and Sport Premium”, shows you how we have allocated funds to improve our PE and sports provision across the school. It also shows the impact has been achieved on pupils’ PE and sport participation, despite the restrictions place upon us by the COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic.
Looking forward into the next financial year and as we continue to receive School Sport Premium, plans are already in place to maintain the variety of sporting and PE provision already in place and to investigate new opportunities, so that we can continue to make sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport the school is able to offer. We are particularly concerned to address, through the medium of sport and physical activity, issues of mental health and well-being, possibly caused by the enforced separation from school life and social and physical benefits held within due to COVID-19. We are also determined to prove that we meet the requirements as described in the OFSTED Quality of Education criteria by being able to articulate our curriculum (INTENT), construct an appropriate PE and sports curriculum based on our school context (IMPLEMENTATION) and demonstrate the outcomes which result (IMPACT).
As a result of our spending we can see our pupils benefit in a number of ways. School Sport Premium provides the opportunity to:
- Develop positive attitudes, attributes and skills which help with learning across the curriculum
- Encourage positive behaviour, which promotes, inclusion and cohesion within and outside of the school community
- Sustain improvement of health, including mental health, well-being and achievement of personnel goals
- Increase participation in club and community sport activities
- Support an enjoyment of and ambition for competitive sports
- Enables a continued commitment to deliver high quality PE and sport provision within every school day.
- Provide Continuing Professional Development for members of staff supported by a rigorous and sustainable coaching for skills programme.