Governance Arrangements for Chilton Foliat Church of England VA Primary School
The Governing Body
|Governor Name||Type of Governor / Role|
|Mrs Sam Wolcough||Foundation Governor – Chair of Governors|
|Mr Adam Day||Foundation Governor – Vice Chair of Governors|
|Ex-Officio (Foundation Governor)|
|Mr Ian Annand||Foundation Governor|
|Mrs Veronica Bourne||Foundation Governor|
|Mrs Penny Williams||Foundation Governor|
|Mrs Sarah Stallabrass||Foundation Governor|
|Mrs Freya Priddey-Chan||Parent Governor|
|Mrs Ali Payne||Parent Governor|
|Mrs Katie Turner||Ex-Officio / Staff Governor|
|Mrs Jane Parrack-Hartley||LA Governor|
|Mr Andrew McLay||Co-Opted Governor|
|Mr Steve Trobridge||Associate Governor|
|Mrs Amy Malikov||Associate Governor|
The Clerk to the Governors is Mrs Angela Plank.
This information was correct as of 31st July 2019.
This information includes the details of all Governors who have served as part of the Full Governing Body of Chilton Foliat Primary School, at any point between 1st Sept 2018 and 31st July 2019.
This information will be updated annually.
|Name and Type of Governor||Appointed by||Date of original appointment||Date of end of current Term||Length of current Term|
|Mrs Jane Parrack-Hartley|
|Wiltshire Local |
|Mrs Freya Priddey-Chan|
|Elected by the Parents of Chilton Foliat Primary School||01/12/2011||30/11/2019||4 years|
|Mr Steve Trobridge|
(Term as Associate Governor ended 16/09/2017)
|Chilton Foliat School Governing Body||05/10/2018||04/10/2022||4 years|
|Mrs Amy Malikov|
|Chilton Foliat School Governing Body||26/11/2015||25/11/2019||4 years|
|Mrs Katie Turner|
|(Ex-Officio – Head Teacher)||01/09/2018||No end date (Ex-Officio)||No end date (Ex-Officio)|
|To be appointed|
|Elected by the staff of Chilton Foliat Primary School||4 years|
|Reverend Simon Weeden |
Foundation Governor (Retired July 2019)
|The Archdeacon of Salisbury Diocese||01/09/2010||No end date (Ex-Officio)||No end date (Ex-Officio)|
|Mrs Sam Wolcough|
|Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education||12/07/2010||08/10/2019||4 years|
| Mr Ian Annand|
|Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education||01/07/2017||30/06/2021||4 years|
|Mrs Sarah Stallabrass|
|Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education||08/03/2017||07/03/2021||4 years|
|Mr Adam Day|
|Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education||22/02/2018||21/02/2022||4 years|
|Mrs Penny Williams|
|Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education||24/11/2011||23/11/2019||4 years|
|Mrs Ronna Bourne|
|Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education||24/07/2008||23/07/2020||4 years|
|Mr Andrew McLay|
|Chilton Foliat School Governing Body||14/07/2016||13/07/2020||4 years|
|Mrs Ali Payne|
|Elected by the Parents of Chilton Foliat Primary School||05/09/2018||04/09/2022||4 years|
|Mrs Tara Elliot|
Associate Governor (Term Ended 01/10/2018)
|Chilton Foliat School Governing Body||Approx 1990||01/10/2018||4 years|
|Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education|
|Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education|
The Governing Body From 01/09/2018 to 31/07/2019
|Governor Name||% Attendance at FGB meetings||% Attendance at relevant Committee meetings||Business/ Pecuniary Interests*||Governance Roles in other Educational Institutions||Material Interests**|
|Mrs Jane Parrack-Hartley||66%||66%||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Mrs Freya Priddey-Chan||100%||100%||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Mr Andrew McLay||66%||66%||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Mrs Amy Malikov||0%||0%||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Mrs Katie Turner||100%||100%||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Reverend Simon Weeden |
|Mrs Sam Wolcough||100%||100%||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Mr Ian Annand||33%||33%||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Mrs Sarah Stallabrass||66%||66%||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Mrs Ronna Bourne||100%||100%||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Mrs Penny Williams||100%||100%||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Mr Adam Day||83%||100%||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Mrs Tara Elliot||0%||N/A||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Mrs Ali Payne||100%||100%||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Mr Steve Trobridge||83%||66%||Nil||Nil||Nil|
*as recorded in the Register of Business Interests
** arising from relationships between Governors or relationships between Governors and school staff, including spouses, partners and close relatives
The Governing Body Structure by Committee
Resourcing Committee (Finance Staffing Premises & Health & Safety)Freya Priddey-Chan – Chair
Eirwen Morgan & Administrator (School Finance & Admin Officer – with no voting rights)
Minute Takers: Ian Annand & Adam Day
Standards CommitteeJane Parrack – Chair
Minute Taker: Sarah Stallabrass
Foundation Governors CommitteeAdam Day - Chair
Minute Takers: Ian Annand & Ronna Bourne
General Governing Body InformationChair of Governors:
Vice Chair of Governors:
Clerk to Governors:
Instrument of Government
Chilton Foliat Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School was founded in 1953. According to our Trust Deed, the school came into being to provide “a centre for the provision of facilities for the moral, spiritual, social and physical education and training of persons in conformity with the tenets of the Church of England”. The Trust Deed granted and conveyed to the Diocese of Salisbury land “to hold…for the purposes of the said acts (School Sites Act) to be applied as a site for a school…in the Parish of Chilton Foliat”.
- The name of the school is Chilton Foliat Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School.
- The school is a voluntary aided school.
- The name of the governing body is “The Governing Body of Chilton Foliat Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School”.
- The Governing Body shall consist of:
- 2 parent governors
- 1 local authority governor
- 2 staff governors (including the head teacher)
- 1 co-opted governor
- 8 foundation governors
- Total number of governors is 14.
- Foundation Governors – The Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education shall appoint the Foundation Governors, in consultation with the Parochial Church Council of the parishes or ecclesiastical districts in the area served by the school.
- The holder of the following office shall be a Foundation Governor ex-
- The Principal Officiating Minister of the parish or ecclesiastical district in which the school is situated.
- The Archdeacon of the Archdeaconry in which the school is situated will appoint a Foundation Governor to act in the place of the ex-officio Foundation Governor whose governorship derives from the office named in (a) above, in the event that the ex-officio Foundation Governor is unable or unwilling to act as a foundation governor, or has been removed from office under regulation 23(2) of the Regulations.
- The Archdeacon of the Archdeaconry in which the school is situated is entitled to request the removal of any ex-officio Foundation Governor and to appoint any substitute Governor.
- The School has a trust.
- The Ethos of the School:
Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level.The school aims to service its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils. Mission Statement:At Chilton Foliat we honour our educational heritage, supported by a strong Christian ethos. We strive to provide a diverse education that inspires children to develop a thirst for knowledge. This is delivered in a safe, supportive and nurturing environment promoting self discipline, motivation and excellence in learning. We encourage strong partnerships and positive relationships amongst pupils, parents, carers and the wider community.
- This instrument of government came into effect on 29th January 2015.
- This instrument was made by order of Wiltshire Council on 6th February 2015.