The ‘Friends’ of Chilton Foliat Primary School are a group of parents who get together to run a wide variety of events designed to enrich school life for both the children and their parents.
This enables parents and those involved in the school to get together to have fun, get to know one another and raise funds for many, varied extra resources and activities for the children at the school. It is appreciated that many parents work full or part time and may find it difficult to get to know one another, so the events are often run in a manner to accommodate all the to enable working parents to get involved and feel part of their children’s school.
A wide variety of events have been run by the ‘Friends’ in the past, and the group welcomes new ideas. The emphasis has always been very strongly on creating and maintaining that feeling of being part of a community at the school, and raising funds to extend activities and resources is an added bonus.
The Friends offer valued support to school functions, often providing refreshments and assisting with preparations and logistics, in addition to organising Friends-led events. The events planned for this year are listed below.
- Bonfire Night – Thursday 2nd November
- Beauty and The Beast pantomime – 23rd November
- Christmas Event and School Disco – Friday 1st December
- Secrets’ Room – Friday 15th December
- Cinema night – 19th January
- Safari Supper – date TBC
- School Disco – Friday 2nd March
- Mother’s Day afternoon tea – Monday 12th March
- Easter Egg Hunt and Easter Bonnet Parade – Thursday 29th March
- Quiz Night – Wednesday 25th April
- Gourmet Gamble cake raffle – Thursday 17th May
- Sponsored Walk – date TBC
- Open Gardens fundraiser for Years 5&6 – date TBC
- Summer fete – Saturday 16th June
- Leavers’ Disco – Thursday 19th
Our first meeting of the academic year is always an important one as we aim to get ideas, with Mrs Weston, for the events we will arrange each term. This was held on Monday 18th September. Look out for parentmails about future meetings!
If you can’t make the meetings but would like to be involved or have ideas on what went well last year / could be done differently then please email email@example.com.