Valentine’s Day Virtual Balloon Race

0

Date: Sunday 14th Feb
Time: 12:00 pm

Up, up and away once again! Join our Valentine’s Day themed virtual balloon race and raise funds for our school!

The Friends are delighted to announce that we have launched a Valentine’s Day themed virtual balloon race. A virtual race works in the same way as a helium balloon race, but instead they fly around their own virtual island rather than in the atmosphere (so it’s eco-friendly too!). The balloons will be released at 12 noon on Sunday 14th February and race until 12 noon on Sunday 21st February.

How it works 

Choose your virtual balloons. Virtual balloons cost £3 each. You can buy as many as you like and the more you have, the higher your chance of winning the race! You can customise each of your balloons with a name and colour. 

Track your balloons as they race. You can watch your virtual balloon race over the week from our dedicated race page. Every hour each balloon travels a random distance until the race is over. The winning virtual balloon is the one which has flown the furthest from launch.

Prizes. To add to the fun, for every balloon you enter you are in with the chance to win a cash prize! The winner will be the person whose balloon travels the furthest and the prize will be 25% of the takings from balloon sales. So the more we sell, the more you win! The remaining 75% of takings will go to Friends fundraising. Last year, our lucky winner scooped £90!

Full instructions are available on the race page. Simply follow this link: https://www.balloonrace.com/chiltonfoliat and click on ‘Buy A Balloon’.

All balloons need to be entered in time for the start of the race on Sunday 14th February at 12 noon. Any payments after that will be considered as donations to Friends and your balloon will not be included in the race. 

Please note that we are legally obliged to offer a ‘free entry by post’ option. However, as this is a fundraising event, we would prefer that people ignore this option. Thank you for your understanding.

Please email Rachel at friendsofchiltonfoliat@gmail.com with any questions. Thank you for your support and good luck! 

The Friends



MENU