Dear Parents and Carers
Now that we are nearly at the end of the building project, or should we say projects, a note to you all to say a huge thank you for all your support, enthusiasm and at some points patience!
The new building will be fully operational by next week, in time for our Open Mornings on Thursday 10th and Friday 11th October. It will be wonderful to share our new classroom, along with the renovated pupil loos, off the freshly extended and painted main hall, new community clubhouse, and last but certainly not least, the beautifully painted exterior woodwork that governors so kindly transformed over the summer. We have so much to celebrate!
We have secured not only a much needed learning space for our pupils, but had the courage to believe we could also create a community space to provide a wide range of future opportunities to benefit people of all ages within the village and beyond. It will be especially valued by our school and Club team. They and the children will be so happy to move Chilton Club Childcare out of its temporary home in the school hall into the Clubhouse. Thanks to everyone for their patience with the interim solution.
In our Resourcing Committee meeting this week we reflected on how the new building so perfectly represents our school’s Christian values, thankfulness, courage and love and embodies Growth Mindset so well. Incredibly, just one year ago, this just was an ambitious dream.
Courage – we harnessed courage to:
- aim high, focusing on what seemed an impossible goal
- overcome challenges and persevere
- work together with our community and believe that together we could make it a reality.
Love – there are so many incredible examples of how the love and passion for our school and community enabled us to raise the extraordinary sums needed to make this dream a reality. The outcome is a true reflection of the love we share. Here are just a few examples of how Love was demonstrated by:
- Parents courageously climbing mountains, baking cakes, purchasing planks, attending events
- Children getting entrepreneurial and creating innovations to ‘grow a fiver’, even contributing their pocket money onto The Good Exchange
- The Friends in their creativity and commitment organising a range of enjoyable events for both children and adults and all our families for supporting them
- Bold bidding for generously donated auction prizes from the community; Safari supper hosts serving splendid meals for a superb evening
- Local companies, families and trusts generously supporting the cause
- Contractors who worked so hard on the project, so often going far beyond what was expected
Altogether with many more examples, this love made the success of our fundraising journey.
Thankfulness: – The formal opening will take place at a Dedication Service on the afternoon of Wednesday 22nd January (details to be shared later). It will be an opportunity to thank the very many wonderful people and organisations who contributed to this project in so many incredible ways, and give thanks for the courage and love which made our new building a reality, providing a place for great learning and great fun for many years to come. We also hope to offer a more informal gathering after half-term.
We were truly blessed to reach this point, and secure a better outcome than we dared to dream of. We truly live out our Christian values!
With love and thanks (and always courage!)
Mrs Sam Wolcough and the Chilton Foliat Church of England Primary School Governing